Armour-Guard Highway is a cold-applied, liquid membrane system for use under asphalt overlays to provide heavy-duty waterproofing, corrosion inhibition and exceptional bond to asphalt. The chemistry is based on polyurethane methyl methacrylate (PUMA) hybrid polymer technology and exceeds the performance of traditional MMA as well as conventional epoxy and polyurea resins. The adhesive quality of the polymer ensures strong adhesion to the substrate and an exceptional chemical bond between layers. Armour-Guard delivers superior, long-term performance by protecting the substrate from the extreme weather, chlorides, deicing salts, chemicals, gasoline and oils.
- Available in spray and manually applied grades to suit job site conditions.
- Installs at a wide range of ambient and substrate temperatures, -4 to 95 °F (-20 to 35 °C), to extend the construction season.
- Chemically inert; does not require hazmat precautions for disposal once cured.
- Rapid cure time promotes fast installation, lower labor costs and efficient handover to next construction phase.
- Cold liquid-applied; no heating or conditioning of resins is required.
- Concrete or steel bridge decks with asphalt overlays.
- Precast or prefabricated bridges designed to receive an asphalt overlay.