Color-Safe® Bike Lanes
Green-colored bike lane surfacing is a safety feature that communicates to road users that a portion of the roadway has been set aside for preferential or dedicated use by bicyclists. Painted bike lanes serve as a continuous reminder to drivers of the presence of bicyclists as they merge or change lanes.
Color-Safe® Durable Pavement Markings are the most cost-effective, high-definition color markings on the market today. This innovative system is supplied with pre-packaged aggregate making application easy and the green surface durable and able to withstand bike traffic and vehicular traffic.
Color-Safe® Methyl Methacrylate (MMA) resin component is capable of full cure in a wide range of temperatures, therefore extending the marking season and increasing productivity.
Color-Safe® bike lane painting is applied in a single application. No special spray, mixing equipment or heat is required for installation. MMA symbols and striping develop a strong bond to existing MMA, so look to Color-Safe® as a viable alternative to thermoplastic markings on both concrete and asphalt surfaces.
Features and Advantages
- Variety of Standard and Custom Colors, Aggregate Types and Sizes Available
- Durable Skid-Resistant Surface
- Excellent Color Retention
- Easy Application
- Fast Cure in a Wide Range of Temperatures (40°-100° F)
- Low Life Cycle Cost
- Strong Adhesion to Concrete and Asphalt Surfaces
- Resistant to Snow Plow Abrasion
- No Special or External Heat Source Required for Installation