Rail Bridge and Dielectric Membrane Waterproofing System
Armour-Guard Rail, for use under rail ballast, is used to protect rail bridge superstructures and substructures from water ingress, destructive chemicals and contaminates. Based on polyurethane methyl methacrylate (PUMA) chemistry Armour-Guard membrane offers superior performance over traditional epoxy and polyurea systems. Armour-Guard is tested and certified to meet the requirements of AREMA for extreme impact resistance under rail ballast.
Armour-Guard may be used without or without a ballast mat. When specifications require the use of a ballast mat, Armour-Guard Adhesive is used to adhere the ballast mat to the top layer of the Armour-Guard rail system.
- Available in spray and manually applied grades to suit job site conditions.
- Installs at a wide range of ambient and substrate temperatures, -4 to 95 °F (-20 to 35 °C), to extend the construction season.
- Chemically inert; does not require hazmat precautions for disposal once cured.
- Rapid cure time promotes fast installation, lower labor costs and efficient handover to next construction phase.
- Cold liquid-applied; no heating or conditioning of resins is required.